Thursday, January 9, 2014

Journal Entry: No Sleep!


When you think you're tough, that you're going to be fine because you have to since you can't take medicine for acclimatization, you may be in for a surprise. I have been. Two nights of very restless sleep and only a slight increase in altitude while everyone else snoozed away. While I probably need another day of hiking up then back down, I think we need to start heading out today. It should be a short walk of just a few hours.


Later that day...
How am I going to do this? The walk started out fine and flat along a riverbed, but later became a lot more difficult than I thought it would be starting out. Little Girl is doing well getting used to her horse--still trying to figure out how to self-correct when the saddle is slipping from side to side and how to hold on during uphill and downhill times. Our campsite is idyllic with a little stream running through our patch of trees--the dinging bells of animals in the distance. The kids are so excited to sleep in the tent for the first night. No mosquitoes, tasty first camp meal. I hope tonight will bring better sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment