Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Relationship Building

Whenever you move to a new place it is important to make new friends. Luckily we have moved to a very friendly country, and for the most part, making new friends is easy. But, for one of the three of us, making new friends is even easier. The other day we were in a shoe store buying new shoes for Nay. I had just put on a pair of shoes for her to try out, and she took off walking down the aisle in them. Just then another little girl, about 2 years old, came around the corner. She looked at Nay walking down the aisle and immediately walked up to her to give her a hug and a kiss! In the course of the next two minutes these two little girls hugged 2 more times. It was one of those times I really wished I had a camera with me. They were very cute together.

Now it is very common for random strangers to smile at me, say hello, even walk up and ask my name or where I am from, but no one has immediately hugged and kissed me. Come to think of it, I get the most smiles and hello's when I am carrying my little girl. There is a very good possibility that if we didn't have her we would actually have no friends. So I guess she really does pull her own weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment