Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One of Those Things

Whenever you move to a new country, it is inevitable that something will go ridiculously wrong in your first weeks on the ground. Our first week in India, it was an explosion of very hot spaghetti sauce of the top of our blender onto every surface in our kitchen, including P.J.'s body. We were silly to think we could move here unscathed. Just last night as we were preparing dinner, we had such an incident. To get our drinking water, we use a water cooler type system that has a large inverted jug on top of a small collection container. The pressure regulates the flow so that the top one never over fills the bottom one--that is, unless a candle falls over and burns a hole through the top jug causing major spillage from the bottom. Of course, this annoying little thing could not, no would not, have happened in the light (since we wouldn't have needed candles in the first place!). Needless to say, it was a challenge to clean up the massive leakage that was all over the kitchen floor and counter tops, as well as inside the drawers in the dark. What will happen next? We're sure more adventures wait just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're writing on your blog so much! I feel like I'm part of your life! It sounds so exciting and fun! I'm so happy you're where you've wanted to be for so long. I love you guys!
    I'm due on Sunday...I'm so excited to have this new baby girl! I'll let you know when she comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds fun... I went to work, then came home, then ate, then slept, the repeated... for the last year...

    ReplyDelete