Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day # 2

While this was technically, the first morning waking in our new apartment, it was our second one in it. I woke at the crack of dawn with Nay and managed to make a horrible pot of chai that P.J. graciously drank anyway. The power was on one hour early so I made the tea while I washed dishes. After I showered and nearly froze because of the bathroom window that intentionally has no glass panes, P.J. rigged up a few pieces of cardboard from the TV we bought yesterday. Priorities, people! (American Idol…Wednesdays and Thursdays). Hopefully, the cardboard will stay until it’s warm enough to take it down.
After our morning routine, I set out on my own for a few hours for the first time. I enjoyed coffee while using the internet and picked up a few more survival supplies. When I returned home, however, the real work began. I began very intimate with hand washing clothing once again, only it was far more difficult this time because baby clothes really add up! It took me about two hours to wash all of Nay’s clothes and our bath towels. The towels left us looking like fuzzy blue Cookie Monsters so I decided a wash might help. Aside from being quite a spectacle for the other ladies washing clothes on their rooftops, I seemed to get back into the groove quite quickly. Speaking of laundry, I better go bring some in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment