Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Double Knots, Please

After some prodding, I, Lizzy, have decided to share my most recent embarrassing moment with everyone.

The local dress here includes a pair of drawstring trousers that are made to fit nearly any female body type from a size 12 or so down to a 0. They're covered by a long dress-like top with slits on the side. After several incidents, I have discovered that these pants are not so great for people with children, for little fingers seem to find a way untie those pants at the worst possible moment. Three times now I have stood up after having Naomi on my lap only to find that my pants were very close to dropping in public. On Saturday, I had the closest, most embarrassing incident yet. I stood at the back of a bus to make my way to the front before we hopped off. What I didn't realize was that my pants had already fallen well below my rear and were only hanging on out of luck. This means that everyone on the left side of the bus had already seen my pants falling off before I did. In my very embarrassed state, I struggled to hold Naomi in one arm while clinging for dear life to the drawstring holding the rest of my pants up and while trying not to topple over in the moving bus. When I got off, I thought, "Boy, I'm really glad I will never see those people again!" and promptly reminded myself that in the future I must always double knot those pants.

3 comments:

  1. love the story, I know there will be more! Just wait till she is toddling around and pulls up your skirt/dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to have seen your face. Probably as red as your hair! I'm assuming those are the very flattering pants that look like clown pants too! Maybe I should pull one of my outfits out and wear it on Sunday in your honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! Oh the things we go through while trying to multi-task! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete