Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 11: A Fresh Start

We woke up today feeling refreshed after having spent our first night inside. Top that off with some sunshine this morning, and we are feeling great. Today we will not start any activities for the clinic, which means we got to do laundry in the river, and have a somewhat relaxing day. We've washed some clothes along the way, but we were in need of some clean clothes and sunshine lest we have no more socks. Yes, this is the same river that people slaughter animals in, drop waste from the few outhouses there are, and get their drinking water, but it was freezing and fast flowing so it did the trick. It also cost me my favorite sock liner as the water was just too fast to get it back. Ugh! After a morning of freshening up and having enough sun to just about dry everything, the clouds rolled in...again, and sprinkles of rain came. From this village, you can see bad, snowy weather in the mountains all around. This does not bode well for our further travel. Top it all off with the case of the missing thermal shirt...yes, the kind that you need to stay warm during a trip like this, and yes, the kind I only brought 2 of. I just keep trying to tell myself whoever took it needs it more than I do.


This was my headquarters in this village. The kids and I usually hung out in this dungeon, AKA camp kitchen, during the clinic hours. It was warm and protected from the wind, a perfect place to enjoy some flat bread with peanut butter and a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment