Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 18: Things I've Learned

Today we were still in the same village, and this is the last memory I recorded in my journal because the schedule just got crazy after this. I will continue to share the journey in pictures, but this was my last entry. It might make you laugh...

Things I've learned thus far in this adventure:
  1. Mules fart a lot!! I mean, I've never seen an animal with soo incredibly much gas, and when you're following a couple feet behind five of them all day, it gets pretty smelly. Unbelievably smelly! It's hard to catch your breath between extreme hiking, altitude, and mule gas.
  2. My husband is a superhero. I knew he was super before, but even though carrying Little Boy has been incredibly taxing, he never complains. And he has to listen to the rest of us all day!
  3. I need You a lot...like a lot more than I realized given that I have so many glaring character flaws that this trip has revealed.
  4. Our kids are okay at high altitude. They did 18,000 feet without a hitch.
  5. Life is really awful for some kids in the country where we live. More awful than one might imagine. 
  6. I'm so weird simply because of the color of my skin and where I grew up.
  7. Homemade dehydrated food really works! So far no one is complaining about the food, and we have been able to eat vegetables other than potatoes. Whoo hoo!

 The camera can't really capture it, but when you don't have a sink and you bathe once a week, your hands get disgusting.


No comments:

Post a Comment