Thursday, January 9, 2014

Unpacking

You might wonder why things are so often silent on our blog. It's partly just the distractions of life and partly that sometimes I think our life is so ordinary no one would want to read about it. I mean, the kids and I do homeschool every day together, eat lunch, have rest times (they do...never for mom), eat dinner, and go to bed. The life of a stay-at-home mom overseas is not that much different than that of one anywhere else in the world really. Maybe you would like to know about our daily lives, but sometimes I think no one would want to read about that.

So, to break into the silence, I've been preparing to write about our first family trip to the project area this past fall. I have been waiting to write about it largely because I needed to do some unpacking and debriefing in my head lest I shed a negative light on the place and people we deeply care for. Over the next few weeks, I'll share the results of some of that unpacking, including some entries from my journal as we progressed through the trip. I know my superman of a husband has made this trip numerous times, but doing it alongside him made me realize how incredibly hard it is, even for a fit person. Hope you enjoy reading about it as we unpack. During this process, P.J. has already begun preparing for the next trip in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment